Friday, April 27, 2012

My Relationship with Goodreads

I'm an author and I love Goodreads.  I love it for two  reasons. The first is that it's a wonderful place for me to track my own reading. A long time ago, back in the era of paper, I kept track of the  books I read in a little notebook. I gave them  ratings from 1 to 10. Now, however, I use Goodreads for that same purpose.  And I can share these with my friends.

The second reason I love Goodreads is for the “recommendations.” Once you've reviewed twenty books you get to see a huge list of the types of book you like to read.  I have found many wonderful new mystery and thriller authors this way.


Some authors shun Goodreads because of the reviews they may have gotten on the site. And I've gotten my share of two star reviews–ugh!  And it's never pleasant. But my advice is to use this wonderful site as a personal reading tool, a personal tool for sharing with your friends the books you have read and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment