Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Summer Short Story Spectacular, Season 1, Episode 13 - LYN COTE

For my first September blog post I'd like for you to meet Lyn Cote. Lyn has been an online friend of mine for a long time. She's a prolific author and just a really nice person!

Since her first Love Inspired romance debuted in 1998, Lyn Cote has written over 40 books. A RITA finalist and a Carol Award winner, Lyn writes contemporary romance, romantic suspense and historical. Her homepage blog features "Strong Women, Brave Stories." 

Lyn, What is your all-time favorite short story and why? 


That’s easy O. Henry’s “The Gift of the Magi” I love that the young couple love each other so much they are willing to give away what is most dear to them. And love the twist at the end. 

What is the most difficult part of writing short fiction? 

Packing so much meaning into each word. I tried to sell to several magazines and most wanted only 1500 words. That’s very tight!

What piece of advice would you give to a prospective short story writer? 

Concentrate on nouns and verbs and the shading of meanings. Keep your thesaurus handy and pick out just the RIGHT word.

Which of your short stories should we read first and why? 

Well, I never play favorites with my “children.” I love each of them equally :-) But after reading my Amazon reviews, I find many readers like the “twist” at the end of “A Diamond in the Rough.”

Where can readers find you, Lyn? 

Website
Facebook
Goodreads
Pinterest
Twitter



2 comments: